Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 1

Today is my first official day of avoiding Tim Hortons in the morning. I clarify... in the morning!


This is not to say that I WON'T every go back, this is just to break my daily addiction to the drive through every morning! Tim Hortons has raised their prices once again by almost 10 cents per coffee to stay in the game with its "competitors"...but as it was pointed out by a fellow Tim's addict, it's not exactly a starbucks coffee is it? The coffee isn't ground on site, it's delivered pre-ground in pouches! It's more of a "coffee drink" as she put it! You can't buy a latte, or even a real cappuccino at Tim's!

So, to this I say... for what it's worth, it's time for real quality coffee! Although it is a little more time consuming in my already rushed morning, I can save myself a little cash every week by brewing fresh coffee at home or making real Italian espresso on my stove top.
Today is day one of a nearly 9 year love affair with Tim! It's won't be easy... it won't be pretty... but I will try my best!

Saved to date: $1.57 (before taxes!)